Followers

Monday, April 18, 2011

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I am posting in the middle of a Monday afternoon because i called in sick today. Boo. I was up half the night feeling sick, and when i woke up at eight i felt like total crud, so i figured better to be safe than sorry, called in and crawled back into bed until 11. When i woke up the second time, i was feeling somewhat better. Seeing the sun come in the windows for the first time in three days helps to! I am just taking the rest of the day to relax, drink tea and get better so i do not have to take two days off. I am posting today, but i am not baking today, i made these muffins yesterday. I don't know where i got this recipe, i have four muffin recipes on a piece of paper from a notebook, so i am presuming i got them online somewhere while i was at work, where i keep my notebook. If you recognize your recipe, let me know and i will give credit where it is due.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins.


1 egg.
1 + 1/2 cup flour.
3/4 cup milk.
3/4 cup chocolate chips.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1/2 cup pureed banana.
1/4 cup oil.
3 tsp powder.
1/2 tsp each cinnamon, nutmeg, salt.

In large bowl, blend together flour, brown sugar, spices and salt. In another bowl, blend milk, banana, oil and egg. Pour wet mixture into dry mixture, stir just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Divide into 12 muffin cups, bake for 20 minutes in 400 F oven.


I find these very oily muffins, but when i just typed the recipe i was thinking did i put only 1/4 cup of oil in? I am pretty sure it said 3/4 cup. I think the way the ingredients are listed, i may have saw the chocolate chip measurement as the oil measurement. Oops.  If you see my picture below of the separation 'magic', i am pretty sure there is more than 1/4 cup of oil in there.


I will have to pay more attention next time. Other than that, i really like this recipe! I only needed one banana to make the required half a cup, i like my muffins more banana flavored, so next time i may experiment by adding another.


This is a quick and easy muffin, i recommend anyone giving it a go. It is a great recipe for beginners!

Happy Monday, everyone!!

1 comment:

  1. I love chocolate and bananas together! One of my favorite combos. I hope you start feeling better soon. I was sick all last week :-/

    ReplyDelete