Followers

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies.

Sundays usually find me bored out of my mind, especially rainy ones (like today) or ones where I can't go out to the stores in the afternoon. I am spent until I get my first paycheck from my new job, hopefully on July 1st; which is actually a holiday, so more likely June 30th. So anyway, another boring Sunday afternoon...but wait! The cookie jar is empty! I gave away all my Candy Bar cookies, or at least the ones I did not eat. Gotta make sure they are good enough to give away :-). So, i did an internet search. I went through my list of followed Blogs and searched for cookie recipes on each one. I found this one on a blog called The Hazel Bloom. Just search for cookies on the right side, it was about the 10th result (or use CTRL + F on the result page and search 'reverse' it will come right up). 

Reverse Chocolate Chip Cookies. 

1 cup butter, softened.
1 cup sugar.
3/4 cup brown sugar.
2 eggs.
1 tsp vanilla extract.
1 + 3/4 cups flour.
1 + 1/4 cups unsweetened cocoa powder.
1 tsp baking soda.
1 tsp baking powder.
2 cups white chocolate chips.

In mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and blend well. In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, soda and powder. Slowly add to wet mixture while mixer is running, being sure to incorporate fully. Fold in chocolate chips.

Drop on prepared pans by teaspoonful, bake at 350 F for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on pans for 5 minutes before removing to racks to cook completely. 


I don't like to complain or put down other people's recipes, but I have to say right off that it is unlikely I am going to try this one again. Now, it may be my own fault that it did not turn out; but whether it was caused by my mistakes or not, I really did not like the results. I say it may be my own fault because I rushed to copy it and misread it. I wrote down the flour measure as the cocoa measure and missed the cocoa measure altogether. It was after I had the cocoa in that I realized my recipe had no flour, so i ran back to the computer and found my mistake. Because if this, I added my soda and powder directly to the mix and started piling flour in 1/4 cup at a time. It only took a half cup, and even then I had to add about a Tbsp of milk and knead the last bit of the flour in. 


No matter what I did, I could not get a clear picture today; this is the best of the blurry ones. Instead of vanilla, I used mint, because I love the whole chocolate mint taste. Unfortunately it did not really come through in the taste. Also, because I could not find white chips at the store and I did not want to run across town, I used butterscotch. The cookies are very chocolatey, though (maybe because i used a half cup extra), and so taste great. 

The cookies baked as hard as rocks, they may have been over baked, though. I find it is hard to judge chocolate cookies for doneness just by looking, because the dark chocolate disguises the browning of the cookie. But I didn't burn them! I am going to throw a piece of bread in the cookie jar in hopes that they soften up.

I hope everyone had a good weekend, I had a great day yesterday! And got a horrible sunburn (again, my own fault); I put some cream on it this morning, but with my itchy bug bites from yesterday I have scratched my sunburn by accident a couple times today, ouch! Only one more week to go before going back to work, yay! This unscheduled vacation has been much to long!! 

Have a good week, everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment