Followers

Friday, June 3, 2011

Peanut Butter Granola

Someone dropped off a bunch of mail from my old apartment yesterday, and even though I had changed the address, in the pile was ,my Summer What's Cooking Magazine. Yay! A lot of the recipes are BBQ centered, and I do not have a BBQ, which means I would have to improvise or skip them. But, in the centre of the book I found this recipe for Granola. I have made granola bars before, but never the plain cereal. It looked easy and I had all the ingredients, so I went with it!




Peanut Butter Granola
1/3 cup peanut butter.
1/3 cup butter.
1/3 cup packed brown sugar.
2 + 1/2 cups quick cooking oats.
1 pkg (170 g) trail mix.

Microwave butter and peanut butter in large bowl until melted, stir until well blended. Add sugar, mix well.
Stir in oats, spread onto 17 x 11.5 inch pan. Bake at 350 F for 20 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. 
Cool, then stir in trail mix. Store in airtight container in refrigerator. 



The recipe recommended Back to Nature brand Trail Mix, with raisins, almonds, pumpkin seeds, pecans and apricot. I had a bag of Planters, it has peanuts, walnuts, raisins, almonds and mango. It is my favorite, so I used it; I had to chop them up a bit, as they have larger pieces. I had a chance to use my scale, as it called for a 170 g bag and I had a larger one.



The oatmeal mixture was simple to make, and I burnt it a little bit. Nothing major, though. My oven seems to run a little hot, so I usually turn it down a bit. I think I forgot to today.


I gave it a try, it is delicious. I can't wait until breakfast tomorrow, I am going to try it out on my yogurt. This was a quick and cheap recipe to whip up, and it has enough to last me a week or more!

I have some good news on the job search front, I have an interview Monday! Wish me luck!

Have a good weekend everyone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment