Followers

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Candy Bar Cookies.

This is a recipe I have been wanting to make for awhile, but just have not gotten around to it. The chocolate bars have been in my refrigerator for over a month, so I finally decided to use them up. I found this recipe on a website called Food.com.

Candy Bar Cookies.


1 cup butter.
3/4 cup brown sugar.
3/4 cup white sugar.
2 eggs. 2 tsp vanilla.
1 tsp baking powder.
1 tsp salt.
2 + 1/2 cups flour.
6 ounce candy bar, chopped.
1 cup nuts, if desired.

Blend butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla, stir until well combined. Add powder and salt to flour. Add flour mixture to butter mixture, blend until all incorporated. Fold in chopped candy bars.
Drop onto prepared pans, bake at 350 F for ten minutes, or until lightly browned. Cool on pan 2 minutes before removing to racks to cool completely.


Being in Canada, our candy bars are not labeled in ounces, so I am not sure how big a six ounce one would be. I just went ahead and used two 58g of a favorite, Wunderbar. I first tried it when I was about 10 years old, it was the favorite of one of my friends and he shared one with me. They have been one of my favorites since.


With all the sugar, i figured they would turn out very sweet, but they are not that bad. I ended up only using 2 cups of flour, it did not seem that anymore would go in, and they did not over spread when cooking; which is usually a sign of not enough flour.


This is a simple recipe, I can recommend it for beginners. I think it is a keeper, I am going to pick up some different bars and try them again.

On an even happier note: I got a job! I don't start until the 20th, which is still a week and a half away, but it is a good job with a reliable company and I can't wait to start! I am getting bored sitting at home all day!

It is a beautiful sunny day in Saint John, I am heading out for the afternoon to enjoy it. Hope everyone is having a great week!!

No comments:

Post a Comment