Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Zesty Home Fries

On Monday afternoon when I was bored, I found myself wandering the Kraft website. I found 4 new recipes that I couldn't wait to try. I made one yesterday, and will make another today if I have time The other two will be sometime this week if I can get the ingredients when I am out today. This one was a quick recipe, I divided it into two and had a large dish for dinner last night, but it is supposed to serve eight as a side.

Zesty Home Fries.

2 lb. red new potatoes (about 4 potatoes), cut into large chunks
1/2 cup Zesty Italian Dressing
1/2 tsp. black pepper
1 large red onion, cut into chunks
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1 cup Cheddar shredded Cheese

Mix potatoes, dressing and pepper. Pour into baking dish. Bake at 400 F for twenty minutes. Stir, add chopped onions and bake another 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Mix in bacon and parsley, stir. Sprinkle cheese on top, bake until melted. 

 
I didn't bother melting the cheese because I was putting it all into containers right away. I just sprinkled it on top and when I re-heated it later it melted in. 


I ended up using just under 2 Lbs of potatoes, just because I wanted to use up the ones my Mom gave me from her garden. They only came to about a pound and a quarter, so i added 3 small ones from the bag I had going. 


The only change I made was that I used dried parsley instead of fresh, so I mixed it in at the beginning. This meal was delicious, it took more than the recommended cooking time though. After 40 minutes the potatoes were still a bit hard, so i left them in for an additional 10 minutes. This was easy, so I will be adding it to my recipe collection. I think it is a good dish for a pot-luck, since it would be great hot or cold!

Hope everyone is having a great week so far. I am heading out to the grocery store to go camping shopping, we are going again this weekend; so far they are calling for sun!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment