Followers

Thursday, August 25, 2011

Peanut Butter Muffins

This is another of the four recipes that I found on the Kraft website Monday when I was bored. I made these yesterday morning, and I am very impressed by them.

Peanut Butter Muffins.


1 cup flour.
1/2 cup whole wheat flour.
1/2 cup sugar.
2 tsp baking powder.
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup peanut butter.
1/4 cup margarine.
1 cup milk.
2 eggs.

In medium bowl, combine flours, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, cream butter and peanut butter. Add milk, and eggs, combine well. Add flour mixture to egg mixture, stir until just combined. Batter will be lumpy. Scoop into lined muffin cups, bake at 375 F for 15 to 18 minutes.


One of the comments suggested putting a dollop of jelly in the center before baking. I think I might try them that way next time. They turned out very moist and very peanut buttery. The original recipe called for crunchy peanut butter, but I usually buy smooth so that is what I used.


The batter whipped up fast, I got 11 medium sized muffins out of it. This is a perfect recipe for anyone who loves peanut butter. I am not to crazy about it, i prefer mine on toast as opposed to in baked goods etc, but these are pretty good. I will definitely be making them again sometime. Maybe the next time we all go home for a night, my sisters are wild about peanut butter!

It's almost Friday, and I can't wait for the weekend! Have a good day, everyone!!


1 comment:

  1. I used to make these when the kids were small with that suggested dollop of grape jelly in the middle!

    ReplyDelete