Followers

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Ham & Cheese potato Scallop

I found this recipe on a message board over at My Fitness Pal a website i am using to help keep track of calories so i can lose a few pounds before appearing as a bridesmaid next March. I like the site because i can add my own recipes and it spits out how many calories, fat, etc is in it. I got 4 servings out of this, which came up to about 275 calories each.

6 - 8 medium potatoes, sliced.
1 + 1/2 Lbs ham, cubed.
1 can cheddar cheese soup.
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese.
1 medium onion, chopped.
garlic powder, to taste.
pepper, to taste.

Place half of onion, potatoes and ham in bottom of crock pot. Sprinkle with pepper and garlic powder. cover with half of the shredded cheese.
Layer the rest of the onions, potatoes, and ham on top. Spread can of cheese soup onto it and then the rest of the shredded cheese.
Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.


I worked another 12 hour day today, and once again, i ran home on my lunch and threw this in the crock-pot. I love that little crock pot ♥♥♥.  I used mozza cheese in the middle because i had about a half cup that had to be used up. I skipped the pepper, and just sprinkled it with the garlic powder. For the ham, i used about half of a large ham steak.  Above is what it looked like at about 2:35 this afternoon. Quite gloppy, and a nice festive color for the day! I ran back to work and by 7:10 when i got home, it was ready to serve, albeit a little overcooked.


This is why i mentioned yesterday that i do not like to leave things in this slow cooker all day. It was only in there about 4 and a half hours. The ham was overdone, but the rest was alright. It was very soupy at the bottom, though. I can only imagine what it would look like after a full 8 hours. 


I served this with corn bread, the recipe for that will be along soon. I found it was a bit salty, but otherwise good. It did not take a lot to fill me up, and i could have easily expanded it by adding another few potatoes, since there seemed to be a lot of extra sauce. 

So while my yummy dinner was cooking, i was at work...not exactly working. I work at a call center, we are open 24/7, but weekends we usually only get emergency calls. So it was a very quiet two days. Good thing i only have to work the shift every 5 weeks. I think i might have gotten about 10 calls in the whole 12 hours i was there, 2 were hang ups, and 1 was a wrong number. Seven real calls in 12 hours makes for a very dull day, with me going stir-crazy without something to keep me occupied. So what did i do? Needlepoint! And here are the results of my workday. 


So even though i could not go Trick-or-Treating with my nephew because i had to work, i had a semi productive day. 

Hope everyone had a Happy Halloween, or Samhain; or Sunday if you do not celebrate either!



Editing to say that although the original was quite alright on the first run, i did not like the leftovers. It seemd to go salty and take on an odd taste. 


No comments:

Post a Comment