Followers

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bunny Bait

Yesterday morning, i locked up my apartment and went home for a celebratory BBQ and Easter. Yesterday was my parents' 34th wedding anniversary, so we invited everyone had had fun! It was windy and rainy so Dad ended up BBQing in the wood shed, but that's a minor technicality. Since it was raining yesterday afternoon, Kyristan and I decided to make Bunny Bait. I found the recipe on a blog i follow called Bake at 350. It is a simple recipe that can be switched up easily for any holiday, so long as you can get think of a different name for it.

Basically, all you do is pop 2 bags of microwave popcorn, melt some chocolate, drizzle it over the popcorn and stir in some M&Ms. Let it dry and you have a bowl (or pot) full of Bunny Bait.


The bowl we were initially using ended up being a smidge to small, what a mess we made! So we dumped it into Nanny's potato pot and stirred from there. We also took it one decadent step further and added chopped almonds, yummy!


This stuff works very well, as you can see,  the Easter Bunny was very impressed. 


As was everyone else at the BBQ. It disappeared quite magically. The Easter Bunny only ate half of his share, and this afternoon when my older sister was looking for a munch, i mentioned there was a bit left...my younger sister piped up and corrected me. So this one is a definite do-over for the next party or get together. I also took the rest of the cake pops, they managed to disappear as well!

I hope everyone had a Happy Easter and got to get together with family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Love the bunny bait. Looks like it worked! We'll have to try that next year.

    ReplyDelete