Followers

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Almond Joy Brownie Bites

I really debated whether or not to post this one. It's not that they didn't turn out, they just did not turn out as well as i had wanted them to. It is another recipe that hi-lights my inability to dip things in chocolate. But, as they say, practice makes perfect! I didn't exactly practice with this one, i gave up after 4 and just spooned the chocolate over the rest. This is another recipe i stole from another blogger, this time my victim was Kristan at Confessions of a Cookbook Queen. Hers turned out much better than mine, at least esthetically, but i have a feeling they are equally delicious!

Almond Joy Brownie Bites. 

Brownie batter (homemade or from a box mix, i used a cheap dollar store mix.)
4 cups sweetened shredded coconut
14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
About 4 dozen almonds 
Chocolate candy melts or almond bark 

 Prepare and bake brownies in mini muffin tins as per recipe or box instructions. Cool completely.

In a medium bowl, combine coconut and condensed milk. Roll mixture into balls and press onto the brownies. Press an almond onto each coconut pile. Freeze for at least 15 minutes.

Melt chocolate in double boiler or microwave, dip each frozen brownie into the chocolate covering the coconut. Stand on cookie sheet and refrigerate until set.


As you can see, the chocolate is kind of just poured over the coconut; this was one of the best looking ones. Until i started following blogs, i had never heard of almond bark, and it is not something i have ever seen, so I used the chocolate melts. I really like the taste and texture of these, they are delicious! I recommend anyone trying them!


Many Mini brownies. Yes, i used muffin cups. I thought i had a brilliant idea that would save me from having brownies that stick (as my luck usually has it). Don't use muffin liners. As soon as those little puppies are cool, the liners will stick to them like there is no tomorrow. I basically have to peel them off bit by bit in order to eat one, or waste the bottom half of the brownie because it is covered in paper. But, i learned.


I ended up getting four pans of brownies, and by the time the forth came out, the first was ready to be coconutted (is that a word?) So, the last two pans went into the refrigerator for quick cool, and the first two were prepared like above. 

Until i get a second mini muffin tin, i will not make these again. Just because it literally took me 75 minutes just to cook the brownies. Next time, i will most definitely not be using muffin liners. Hopefully they freeze well, i got 48 of these little guys, and i have already asked a few people if they wanted some. Who knew there were so many coconut haters in one city! 

Hope the weekend went well!! 







4 comments:

  1. My gosh, these look fantastic! I love your creativity. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your brownies up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/04/sweets-for-saturday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look AMAZING! My Dad would love these...I think they may need to be made for Father's Day :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, my Dad would love these to! I think i might have to re-make without the paper for Father's Day as well :-)

    ReplyDelete