Followers

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Strawberry Banana Yogurt Popsicles

I can't believe it has been another week since I posted last! Last weekend was insane, I went to the drive-in Saturday night and spent Sunday at my parents' house in Wirral. I have been running like mad all week. But, while I was running, i managed to get some strawberries! They were on for 2.50 a quart, so I got two. One I put in the freezer, and the other I am using for strawberry shortcake tonight. I took a bit from tonight's berries when I found this recipe yesterday on The Farm Girl I have never made homemade popsicles before, but these looked so good I ran out after work last night and got the yogurt and molds. The pictures looked like it made a lot, since I only had 6 molds, I halved the recipe. This is the whole recipe.

Strawberry Banana Yogurt Popsicles.

3 very ripe bananas
2 cups strawberries, hulled
1 Tbsp honey
1 + 1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 cup milk.

Combine all ingredients in blender, blend until smooth. Pour into molds, freeze until solid (best overnight). To un-mold, run under hot water.




I got five and a half out of the halved recipe, so mot likely out of the full you would get a dozen; depending on the size of your molds of course. I threw them in the freezer at about 9:30 this morning, and they were ready by 2:30 this afternoon.


K and i went to the Buskers festival this afternoon, these were supposed to be a treat for when we got home (since it is a super hot day). He took a little bite and said he did not like it. I ate one and a half. The strawberry is quite strong, but they are not sour. K is just used to the ice water version of Popsicles, I guess. I will definitely be making these again, and I may have to try experimenting with the fruit combinations, since strawberries are so expensive! These are just like a smoothie on a stick and were very refreshing after being out in the sun.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I love your popsicle molds...yummy flavor and perfect for this awful heat!

    ReplyDelete