Followers

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chicken Lemon Stir-Fry

I had a lemon sitting on the table that I had zested last week and did not need the juice. The poor little lemon was shriveling up, so I had to use it. I did an internet search for blueberry lemon dishes, since I have lots of the berries to, but I really did not find anything that I wanted and did not already have sitting, like cake, cookies, etc. So I did another search for just Lemon, and I found this one on Canadian Living Magazine's website. This is a very bad picture, I had a hard time focusing my camera on it.



Chicken Lemon Stir-fry.


1+ 1/2 cup rice, prepared as per package instructions.
1 Tbsp butter.
1 Tbsp oil.
1 onion, chopped.
2 carrots, sliced on an angle.
2 cloves garlic, diced.
1/2 lb snow peas
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 lb boneless chicken breasts, cubed.
3 Tbsp cornstarch
1+1/2 cups milk
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 can mini corn, drained
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1-2 tsp lemon zest.

In large pan, heat oil and butter. Stir-fry in onion, cook until tender. Add carrots, garlic, snow-peas salt and pepper. Stir fry for 2 minutes. Add chicken, cook until juices run clear. In small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and milk. Slowly add to chicken and vegetables, stir and cook until thick. Add soy sauce, honey, mini corn, juice and zest. Stir until combined. Serve over rice.


It looks very messy, but it was not bad. I substituted broccoli for the baby corn, I am not wild about corn and therefore did not have any. I had a hard time zesting the remaining part of the lemon (and now have a small cut on the palm of my had to show for it). so it was not very lemony. I may make this again if I have a fresher lemon on hand.

It is extremely hot here today, to make up for the last two days of rain and fog. I took the recycling down tot the depot this morning, and just being out of the car for the 5 minutes it took, I felt like i was suffocating. We had a small thunder shower pass us by last night, I heard 2 booms and it rained for a good ten minutes, apparently outside the city it was much worse. I am hoping for another one tonight to clear the air.

Hope everyone is having a good week, it is almost half over!!

No comments:

Post a Comment