Followers

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Crock-pot Leftover Pasta

It has been a busy weekend. Friday, I was asked to make up a dozen mini meals for someone. Since I was supposed to go see my Dad to have my Summer tires put on my car that night, i planned on making the meals Saturday. Instead, when I got off work Friday, i found myself to tired to drive the 45 minutes each way, so instead I ran to the grocery store and got my ingredients, and started cooking. I managed to get 5 different meals done within 4 hours, and another in the crock-pot for overnight. And I had plenty of leftovers, which i ended up using today.

I started with some bow-tie pasta, i just covered the bottom of the crock-pot with them. On top of that, i chopped some leftover mushrooms, from Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie.


I then chopped a quarter of a green pepper, and gave it a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.


On top of this I dumped some leftover lasagna sauce. It is basically pasta sauce with hamburger, cheese and a bit of water mixed in. Finally, i topped it with about 3/4 of a jar of Newman's Own Marinara sauce. I basically just dumped it in, and when it came to the point that i would have to scrape the jar, i just capped it.


Finally, i turned it on High for 2 hours, stirring after the first half hour. And lunch was served! It made enough for three, so i will have some more for lunch tomorrow and throw the rest in the freezer for next week.


Friday night when i was cooking, I had to make four dishes with hamburger: two types of shepherd's pie, lasagna and chili; so i just bought three and a half pounds of the meat. To save time, i cooked it all up at once. I only have one large pan, so i had to empty it into my large mixing bowl three times. This is a lot of hamburger!


For dinner tonight, i had leftover mashed potatoes and sweet potatoes. I got this sweet potato at the City Market on Friday, it is one of the biggest i have seen!  I had to use my big frog pot to cook it in, it was the only one big enough.


I still have plenty of leftovers, some Mac & Cheese in the freezer, some more potatoes and sweet potatoes in the fridge, and of course some of the pasta from today. Good news is, the gent who purchased the meals was impressed, and plans on giving my name to all his work buddies; meaning i may soon be busy!

Hope everyone had a great weekend, and a great upcoming week!






2 comments:

  1. It's my day for a blog hop, I'd love it if you came over and shared one of your great recipes at savory sunday!! Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh this looks wonderfully tasty! Thanks for linking up to Savory Sundays!!

    ReplyDelete