I am still sick and therefore not been in the kitchen for three days, unless it has involved hot dogs, oatmeal, cold cereal or anything else that can be prepared in the microwave in 4 minutes or less. Not the healthiest diet, but i called the New Brunswick Nurse 811 hotline and discussed my fever and cold (apparently a fever is not uncommon with a cold...in children. Unusual but not unheard of in adults), i was told plenty of rest, liquids and monitoring the fever. And an Advil or two if necessary. I spent this afternoon on the couch with a blanket, book and a bowl of Pretzel M&Ms, only moving to refill my glass of water, take my temperature and check my emails every 45 minutes or so. I was very surprised and happy when i got an email saying a comment had been left on my Gnocci post, Ann over at Apples and Twinkies wanted to let me know she was passing on a Stylish Blogger Award. I want to say Thank you very much!!
Now, there are stipulations to accepting this award. Step one is i have to share seven facts about myself. Now, where to start?
1. I live in Canada and don't think i could ever move to another country, even though i hate the cold and snow. Canada has so many beautiful places, and the friendliest folks around!
2. My favorite characters are Happy Bunny and Eeyore from Winnie the Pooh.
3. I have a children's book written, and am working on finding an illustrator and then getting it published. I also have a tween novel half finished.
4. My favorite food is lasagna, my favorite treat, cookies.
5. I can't swim, even though i have had many lessons when i was a child. Thankfully, my parents never had to pay for those lessons that didn't take, as they were all through school programs.
6. Some of my favorite musicians are Brad Paisley, Kenny Chesney, U2, and The Beatles.
7. I love frogs, they are so cute! I also love skulls. I have a small collection of both, and one of snow globes.
Stipulation number two is that I have to pick 15 blogs to share the Stylish Blogger Award with. I follow so many it was hard to choose!! Here they are:
1. Moogie & Pap One of the first blogs i started following. Moogie has lots of great recipes!!
2. The Country Cook A fairly new Blogger, everything looks so good!
3. Baking and Cooking: a Tale of Two Loves Serving up lots of old fashioned comfort food.
4. Making Memories...One Fun Thing after Another. Has a lot of really cool crafts and recipes to keep the kids busy!
5. Treat & Trick Plenty of unique recipes
6. Betty Ray Blogs has a new feature, making recipes from magazines.
7. Pam's Midwest Kitchen Corner More comfort home cooked goodness!
8. Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker I've borrowed a few recipes from this blog, and they have all turned out great!
9. What's Cookin' in Mama Jan's Kitchen? I've only recently started following Mama Jan, and everything looks delicious!!
10. Hun...What's for Dinner? Another one i just recently started following, lots of real home cooked meals here!
11. Laws of the Kitchen Another i have been following since pretty much the beginning. Great fancier recipes here, that all look divine!
12. Cookies with Boys Cookies...need i say more? Plenty of other great recipes in between!
13. That Skinny Chick can Bake!!! I love the title, another i have been following forever and that i have borrowed a few great recipes from.
14. Munchkin Munchies Lots of recipes for sweet little finger foods.
15. Jenn's Food Journey More unique recipes to spice up the everyday.
Finally, stipulation number three is i have to tell the folks above that i want to give them this award. I will do that next. You can take the badge from above if you want to participate and post it on your blog.
Again, i want to thank Ann from Apples and Twinkies for the award. It is my first award from the Blogging World. I have so much fun reading and sharing all the recipes. I should have a new recipe soon, if not tomorrow night than Tuesday for sure. It is Shrove Tuesday, also known as Pancake Day, and i have a new recipe to try!