Followers

Thursday, November 24, 2011

French Toast Muffins

I made these muffins a couple weeks ago, it was a plan B recipe, meaning one I made when I found out i did not have enough of an ingredient for what I had originally planned. I am really liking the Pintrest site, this is another recipe I found among the pins, this one led me to Velvet Lava Cafe another great blog.

French Toast Muffins.

1/3 cup butter, melted.
1/2 cup sugar.
1 egg.
1+1/2 cups flour.
1+1/2 tsp baking powder.
1/2 tsp salt.
1/4 tsp nutmeg.
1/2 cup milk.

Topping:
1/2 cup sugar.
1/2 cup butter, melted.
1 tsp cinnamon.

In large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, powder, salt and nutmeg. Add milk, egg and butter. Stir until just moistened. Scoop into lined muffin tin and bake at 350 F for 20 to 25 minutes. When done, combine cinnamon and sugar. Dip muffin tops in melted butter then sugar mixture.


All I had left were Halloween muffin cups, so I used them. Instead of using melted butter, I sprinkled the cinnamon sugar onto the muffins before they went into the oven. Quite a bit fell off, but there was still enough to be delicious! These muffins were quick and easy and I loved the flavour, they are definitely going into the make again category!

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American neighbours to the South! I have today off since I work for an American company. I spent today in the kitchen working on my Christmas list. I made a double batch of Cherry Winks, two cherry breads and some Peanut Butter Balls. Yup, there was a theme to today's baking, sherries. I had to make 6 dozen cherry winks for a cookie exchange next month, so i bought a HUGE jar at Costco...and i have barely dented them. I overestimated how many where in that jar!!

Hope everyone is having a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment