Followers

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Double Chocolate Oreo Cookies

I found this recipe a few days ago on a blog called Shugary Sweets, I decided to make them not only because they looked delicious, but also because I had a bunch of oreos left over from a project last winter. They were to stale to be eaten and i had yet to come across a recipe to use them in. Also, my cookie jar has been empty for a few weeks, again! The poor little cookie jar must be lonely, i decided; so this recipe was begging to be stolen!

Double Chocolate Oreo Cookies.


1/2 cup butter.
1/2 cup shortening.
1 cup sugar.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1/2 tsp salt.
2 eggs.
1 tsp vanilla.
2 cups flour.
1/2 cup cocoa.
1 tsp baking soda.
12 oreo cookies, chopped/crushed.
1 + 1/2 cups chocolate chips.

Cream together butter, shortening and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, blend well. In another bowl, combine flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Blend into egg mixture. Fold in cookies and chocolate chips. Drop onto prepared baking sheet and bake at 375 F for 10 to 12 minutes.


I made these yesterday, and they are still crispy yet soft today. They are perfectly chocolaty, and I find there is a subtle taste of the oreo cream centre.


The dough came together really easily. I had blended the cocoa with one cup of flour and the soda, then after mixing that all in, i slowly added the second cup of flour. I find this way is easier, because some cookie recipes call for to much flour. Better to add it a bit at a time and withhold some, than to add it all and be stuck with dry cookie dough.

I will be definitely be making these again, once I get some more oreos. They are about 5 dollars a box around here, so I do not buy them often, and usually I get the store brand (at about 4 dollars a box, ouch!). The recipe made almost 4 dozen, so hopefully they last a week or so.

This weekend is going to be a busy one, so they may float out of the jar and disappear as people walk past. I am taking my nephew K to a picnic for work, and I am going to grill him about his first week of school, since he is not giving his Mommy any details. He started Kindergarten this week and says they are doing 'stuff' and he forgets what...prepping himself for being a teenager, i guess :-) Auntie will get it out of him, that is what cookie bribes are for!

Hope everyone is having a safe and fun week, I am running over to my other blog now, My Saint John  to post my pictures of last weekend's adventures in Nova Scotia. They have HUGE mosquitoes there, and they bite like fiends! I am covered in spots! Have a good week everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment