Followers

Friday, December 23, 2011

Gingerbread Reindeer

This is yet another recipe I found on Pintrest. Not so much a recipe and more of an idea that I found. Today I am making Monkey/Bubble Bread for Christmas breakfast and Rolls for Christmas dinner. While they are raising and baking, i figured i'd have time to post these.

I made these for my co-workers, I used the same gingerbread men recipe that i used last year, only this time I cut them smaller so i would not have to make three batches. Using leftover royal icing and some Christmas Smarties, I made these!


I was a bit afraid that the Smarties would be to big, but they turned out perfect. All you have to do to make these cuties is bake a batch of gingerbread men, like so:


And turn them upside down. It's nice to be able to get two uses out of one cutter. I think they turned out adorable, and so do the few co-workers that saw them last night. I won't know until later today when I go in if everyone agrees, I'm sure they will, though.

Now the Monkey bread is baking, and I have to go mop my floors. Then all I have to do is run to the City Market to get my veggies for Sunday, and Christmas is done! Just have to sit back and have fun.

We even got a special Christmas treat from Mother Nature today!We have had one storm, about a month ago, and the snow was gone a week later. The grass has been green and we thought we were in for a green Christmas, but when we woke up this morning there was about half an inch down, and they changed the rain forecast to about 3 inches of snow! We get a White Christmas!

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

3 comments:

  1. So very clever! And I bet they're delicious! A very Merry Christmas to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They look so cute! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were so cute on our desks! Next time don't be shy, take your bow!! My little lived it! Tks!

    ReplyDelete