Followers

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Molasses Cookies.

I got an order from my ad for 5 different types of cookies. I am glad to know there is someone else out there with the same weakness as me. :-)  So i spent two and a half hours today making cookies. Yummy cookies. And there are lots of leftovers. I thought i had a recipe for molasses cookies, since they are one of my Dad's favorites, but i went though all my binders and notes and did not find a single recipe for them. So i did an internet search and came up with this one, from All recipes.

Molasses Cookies.


3/4 cup butter.
1 cup brown sugar.
1 egg.
1/2 cup molasses.
2 + 1/2 cup flour.
1 tsp salt.
2 tsp baking soda.
1/2 tsp ground cloves.
1 tsp ginger.
1 tsp cinnamon.

Cream together butter and brown sugar. Add egg and molasses, blend well. In another bowl, combine flour, salt, baking soda and spices. Add to molasses mixture a bit at a time until all incorporated.

Roll into small balls, dip in sugar. Bake at 350 F for 9 to 10 minutes. Cool slightly before removing to racks to cool completely.



Yummy! So i made a mistake, of course. I was not paying attention and used white sugar instead of brown. There does not appear to be any difference. I have not made the cookies before, so i have nothing to compare them to, really. I skipped dipping them because I find it is to messy. Otherwise, this is a great recipe and simple enough that it can be made with kids!  I was kind of rushing, so this was the only picture I got of them. 

Today was an exciting day! The Seadogs went all the way this year, they brought home the President's Cup (QMJHL)  and the Memorial Cup (Junior Hockey Canada wide). So today, they held a parade for the team. I took many pictures, here are a few!


Zamboni on King Street!


Trophy #1 on top of a Fire Engine (i think it is for MVP).


President's Cup.


Memorial Cup.


A huge turnout, the crowd from the parade moving towards the Rally at Market Slip. 


K and his Seadogs sign!

So it was a beautiful day, one of the few hot and sunny ones this year. And the Seadogs are geared up to take both championships again next year. Two years running would be great!

Hope everyone is having a great week!!


1 comment: