Followers

Thursday, May 26, 2011

M&M Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.

I found this gluten free recipe on a website called Makes & Takes, and because I did not have the Reese's Pieces, I decided to substitute for M&Ms. I was actually being lazy (and frugal) and did not want to run to the store, but now that I think about it it has been awhile since I have seen Reece's Pieces on any shelves...I hope it is just an oversight on my part and not that they are no longer sold around here!

M&M Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies.

1 cup smooth peanut butter.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1/2 cup white sugar.
1 egg.
1 tsp vanilla.
1/4 tsp salt.
1 tsp baking soda.
1 cup M&Ms (or Reece's Pieces)


Combine both sugars and peanut butter, mix until creamy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Add soda and salt and stir until all combined. Fold in M&Ms or Reece's Pieces. Drop onto prepared pans and bake at 350 F for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on pans 2 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.


The recipe states it should make 3 dozen, I must have made them to big, because I only got about 24. Otherwise, it is a perfect peanut butter cookie. Tender and delicious!


Be careful about removing them from the pan to soon, though. I broke two because the spatula was not under the whole cookie, and the part that stuck out snapped off. They were the testers :-)

Another week almost over, still have not found a new job but I have had a couple of leads, so I am keeping my fingers crossed! Hope everyone is having a good week!

1 comment: