Followers

Thursday, March 15, 2012

Crock-pot Buffalo Chicken

Lately, I have been finding more and more recipes on Pintrest.  There are just so many out there, and with pictures! This is a recipe i found last week, on a pin that led me to a blog called My Kitchen Apron. Once again, I have not had time to go completely through her recipes, but what I have seen so far look delicious!!

This is a recipe i threw together before bed, making it ready to pack into my lunch bag while i ate breakfast. I love recipes like that!!

Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken.

3 Lb frozen, boneless chicken breasts.
1 bottle Frank's Buffalo sauce.
1 pkg ranch dip mix.
2 Tbsp butter.

Put frozen chicken, wing sauce and ranch dip into crock-pot. Cook on low 6 to 7 hours. Using two forks, shred chicken and return to pot. Add butter and cook on low for an additional hour. Serve on buns or in wraps.



The first day I had some, put it between some tea biscuits. They were easy to fit into my lunch bag and i was able to keep everything separate until i was ready to eat, avoiding soggy tea biscuits. I had the rest a few days later in the wraps, and it was much spicier! It gets better with time!


This is a 6 AM picture. I got up just to shred the meat and then went back to bed. Instead of using Franks sauce, i used what I had in the fridge (Kraft, i think). This is because I got to the store to get the sauce and got sticker shock, the smallest bottle was five dollars! Ouch! i also cut the recipe down by only using two chicken breasts instead of three pounds.

This turned out really nice, i think next time if the budget allows I will make it with the proper sauce. It was quite spicy, but that is because the BBQ sauce i used was Spicy Cajun Heat. Yummy :-) This is definitely going to be a re-make, though.

The only down side I had was that it smelled quite funky cooking, it could have been because of the sauce I used, though.. best part was that it cooked from frozen, this is a great recipe to make if you forgot to take the chicken out!

Hope everyone is having a great week, it is almost over!! I have lots to do this weekend, going to visit my folks and getting ready for next weekends baby shower. Have fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment