Followers

Friday, October 14, 2011

Pizza Muffins.

I found this recipe on a new website I have been frequenting called Pintrest. It is a neat little site that you can pin ideas to boards to keep them for later. This in led me to a website that I already follow, called Lick the Bowl Good. She suggested this would make a great appetizer made in mini muffin tins, I decided to make it as full sized muffins for dinner last night.

Pizza Muffins.



3/4 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
3/4 cup whole milk
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup cubed pepperoni
optional:
pinch of salt
pinch of red pepper flakes
1/2 cup chopped green pepper.
1/2 cup store-bought pizza sauce (to serve)

Mix together flour, baking powder, Italian seasoning, salt and red pepper flakes (if using). In another bowl, whisk together egg and milk. Add milk mixture to flour mixture, stir well. Add remaining ingredients, stir to combine. Let mixture sit 10 minutes. Grease muffin tins well, pour batter into tins. Bake at 375 F for 20 to 25 minutes.


I added green pepper and omitted the salt. For the first batch. I used my cast iron muffin pan, did not grease it (as per instructions with the pan) and had a disaster. They stuck like you would not believe. Here is the photo proof.


My pan is a mess and had to be re-seasoned before being used again. It was just over an hour until I had to leave for work, so I quickly mixed up another batch and tried again. this time throwing it into a very well greased square pan, and omitting the red pepper flakes.


You can see where the cooking spray bubbled. I also omitted the cheddar cheese, just using Parmesan in the second one. And it still stuck on the very bottom, but not horribly. It turned out very good, I have leftover pepperoni, so i think i will be making it again! It is basically like a pizza tea biscuit.

It is another rainy day, they say we are going to see some sun tomorrow, so here's hoping! Hope everyone is having a great Friday!!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment