Followers

Monday, June 21, 2010

Cinnamon Boo Boo cookies

Last week there was a Paderno blow out sale at our local arena. Yay for a kitchen sale! My sister and I, dragging along my nephew, went to check out the kitchen wares. She bought a new measuring cup, and i got a new cookie jar. So, to celebrate a new cookie jar, we must fill it! It was a busy weekend, so i did not have time until tonight, I went through all my cook books and finally settled on a new recipe called Cinnamon boo boos.

Now, whoever wrote the recipe named it correctly and made a big boo boo. There was no liquids in the mix but one lonely egg. After adding all the ingredients, my mix looked like sand. I added about 1/4 cup milk and took this picture, still looking quite dry.

After this, i took it off the mixer and added more milk, about another 1/4 cup. I did not measure, just poured until it looked good. So here's the recipe:

1 stick butter
1 + 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
2 + 1/4 cups sifted flour
4 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon

Cream together butter and sugar. Add egg. Add spices to flour and sift into creamed mixture in three installments, mixing well after each addition. Drop by teaspoon on to a greased cookie sheet. Bake at 375 F for about 15 minutes or until done.



These turned out really well, they taste great, crispy on the outside, chewy inside. But that is fresh from the oven, the true test will be tomorrow. I have to note, i only added 2 cups of flour. When i was measuring it out, i double and triple checked the recipe, thinking i missed something. That is a LOT of flour for having no liquids. Again, i had to add about 1/2 cup of milk. As well, i only had to cook them for about 10 minutes. The bottoms were getting a bit dark, and the tops were set, so i pulled them.

Except that they were not dipped in cinnamon sugar, these kind of remind me of snicker-doodles in the texture and taste and look. And now my new cookie jar is filled with yummy treats, hopefully to stay that way for a long time to come! Hmmm, i guess since he helped pick it out, i will have to invite my nephew to indulge. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment