Followers

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Chocolate Rolled Cookies

Hello, I'm back...it seems the last few months I have only been posting every week or so. It's been a bit hectic lately, with planning a baby shower, baking for fundraisers and just plain life! But here is a new recipe to share. Once again, it was found on Pintrest, and this time the pin led me to Glorious Treats. She had a link for the ideas to decorate them, i followed it to Karen's Cookies, and then stuck her link on one of my Pin Boards for future reference.

Chocolate Rolled Cookies.


1 cup butter.
2/3 cup sugar.
1/2 cup brown sugar.
1 egg.
2 Tbsp chocolate liqueur or extra strong coffee .
1 tsp vanilla.
1/2 cup cocoa powder.
3 cups flour.
1/2 tsp baking soda.
1/4 tsp salt.

In mixer, cream together butter and sugars. Add egg, liqueur or coffee, and vanilla. Mix well. In another bowl, sift together flour, cocoa, soda and salt. Gradually add to wet mixture, mixing until well combined. Divide the dough into two or three balls, wrap and refrigerate minimum one hour. Roll and cut cookies as desired, bake at 350 F for 7 to 10 minutes. Cool completely before decorating.


For the coffee, I used a about 1/4 tsp of Nescafe instant coffee (dissolved in 2 Tbsp of water). I don't drink coffee myself, but my Dad keeps a small bottle at my apartment for when he and my Mom come around. I could taste the coffee in the dough, but not the cookies. I made two batches of these, and a batch of regular sugar cookies and decorated them all for a bake sale at work tomorrow. I decorated them all yesterday before work, so when I came home I was greeted by this:






Cookies everywhere! The very tiny ones are for my co-workers, I am going to use food markers to write sayings on them, like those little conversation hearts you get this time of year.


The only complaint I had about the dough was that it was quite dry. I made two batches, the first I omitted about 1/4 cup flour, the second I left out over 1/2 cup. Otherwise, it came together great, and rolled out nicely.

This is one of two Valentine's recipes I made for the bake sale. Hopefully I'll have time to post the second tomorrow. Hope everyone has had a great week so far, we are on the downhill stretch to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment