Followers

Monday, October 11, 2010

Spaghetti Squash

This is the second recipe i took to Thanksgiving dinner, Cheesy Spaghetti Squash from the Kraft Website. This is the first time i have ever tried spaghetti squash, cooking or eating.



1 large spaghetti squash (3 lb./1.4 kg)
1/4 cup Parmesan Light Grated Cheese
1/2 cup Mozzarella Shredded Cheese
2 plum tomatoes, finely chopped
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley


Pierce squash several times with fork or sharp knife to allow steam to escape. Microwave on HIGH 10 min. or just until squash is softened, turning after 5 min. Let stand 5 min.
Cut squash in half; remove and discard seeds. Use fork to scrape insides of squash to form strands; place in large bowl. Add remaining ingredients; toss lightly with fork. Spoon into 1 squash shell; discard remaining shell.

My squash fell off the counter, and therefore split in half the wrong way. I ended up having a hard time scooping it, so it ended up being in about 4 pieces, thus the serving in a bowl.

I recommend cooking it much longer than 10 minutes,. I cooked it 15 and it could have used more. No one ate it by myself and my sister, they all thought it was to different. I thought it tasted like watermelon :-) 

Next time i will cook the squash much longer, other than that, it was not bad! 


I also made these little cuties yesterday morning; for Potluck today. But i cheated on them, using a cake mix and store bought icing. And i discovered just how many mini cupcakes come out of a cake mix!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment