Followers

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Saucy Parmesan Chicken

Another rainy day, another spin around the internet for something different for dinner, and another Kraft recipe. This one is so simple, you can make it with your eyes closed. Here is the picture from the Kraft website:


4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts.
1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing.
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese.

Place chicken in small dish. Mix dressing and cheese. Pour over chicken. Turn chicken to coat both sides.
Refrigerate minimum 30 minutes.
Heat oven to 425F. remove chicken from dressing, discard remaining dressing. Place pan in shallow baking dish, bake for 20 minutes or until done.


I halved the recipe since it was just me tonight. I also stabbed the poor chicken to be sure it was done, you can never be to careful! :-) Another oops, i didn't mix the dressing and cheese, i just dumped the cheese on top. It made a nice crisp coat. 

This is a simple recipe to make for a quick dinner. I let the chicken sit in the dressing for 4 hours while i was out running errands. When i got home, i stuck it in the oven and made some potatoes while it cooked. 


I served with the mashed potatoes and a salad i picked up from the deli while i was out. There are leftovers of all for lunch tomorrow! 

This would also make a perfect dinner to whip up Sunday night before Trick or Treating, while it is cooking you can get the kiddies make-up done and have a hearty meal before heading out! After dinner tonight, i worked on my costume for work tomorrow. I am not crazy about the tape showing, but I had to cut the paper in several strips to get it around the cup evenly; it is more visible from the camera flash than it really is.


Can ya guess who I am going as? :-)

1 comment:

  1. Your blog brought a smile to my face after a very long and trying day. Thank you so much for sharing this simple yet delicious meal idea. I adore chicken, and I'm always on the hunt for new recipes. Thank you for sharing...and enjoy the Halloween festivities!

    ReplyDelete