Followers

Friday, June 8, 2012

Pierogi Casserole

I'm back from vacation! A day and a half early, but that's OK. So today I am working on laundry (boo) and catching up. This is a recipe I made a week ago before we left. We each had a serving or two, and then I froze the rest. I found this on Kraft Canada, i was looking for potato recipes because they were on buy one get one the week before, so i got two bags.

Easy Pierogi Casserole. 


9 lasagne noodles, uncooked.
4 cups hot mashed potatoes.
1/2 cup (1/2 of 250-g tub) Herb & Garlic Cream Cheese.
1 pkg. (80 g) Real Bacon Bits (or about 6 pieces real bacon, cooked & crumbled).
2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided.

Cook noodles as directed on package. Meanwhile, combine mashed potatoes, cream cheese, 1/2 cup chopped bacon and 1 cup shredded cheese. Spray 13X9 glass dish, layer 3 noodles, cover with 1/3 of potato mixture, add 3 more noodles, more potato, last three noodles and remaining potatoes. Top with remaining bacon and cheese. Cover, bake 30 minutes at 375 F, uncover and bake another 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese is brown and bubbly. Let sit 10 minutes before serving.



This was extremely easy to make, and if you already have the potatoes ready, just heat them and layer and dinner is almost ready. It said to serve it with a salad, so I had a piece with a small ceaser. Mr No Veggies had two pieces straight.



It made a great big dish, i have about 6 pieces left over in the freezer. We both agreed it is great, but it would be just as good, if not better, without the pasta. Maybe it is because i used ready to use noodles, and i didn't boil them correctly or long enough, but they just seemed tough. I am definitely making this again, but i may just use it as a potato dish, omitting the pasta. 

Vacation time was really enjoyable, this was my first real vacation. My beau could not get the time off because he just started a new job, he is a trucker, so I just went with him, We left Saint John Monday morning, drove to Halifax, loaded 8 Audis(cars) for Montreal, went there and unloaded at the dealership, then loaded 9 more Hondas for Halifax. They did not have any work for  him there for yesterday and today, so they sent him home instead of running them down and coming back empty; he will take them the rest of the way Monday. 

St-Juste-du-Lac Lake, Quebec, Canada. 

I took lots of pictures of Quebec, since i had never been there before; and really enjoyed the trip, although it was a bit boring at times! And sleeping in a small bunk is not comfy, i slept like a baby last night back in my own bed! 

Farmland, Quebec, Canada. Flat as far as you can see...I'm told the mountain is most likely in Vermont, USA!


Hope everyone has had a great week, I don't plan on disappearing again anytime soon. I still have two more potato recipes to try! 

Have a good weekend everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment